The Hafren Is Open!
Following the Welsh Government's latest guidance, The Hafren is now open at full capacity. Public and staff safety will always be our priority here at Hafren. We can't wait to welcome you back and show you our newly refurbished building.
Your Guide to a safe and enjoyable theatre experience
In order for you to feel confident about returning to our live shows, some Covid measures remain in place. With so many changes to rules and restrictions, we've compiled a list of the most common questions regarding our Covid-19 Measures. If you can't find the answer here, please contact our Box Office team who will be happy to advise - telephone 01686 948100 or email
What Safety Measures are in place at the theatre?
- Hand sanitising units are located at all entrance points and throughout the venue. We encourage you to use these as you enter the building and during your visit, when required.
- All auditorium, front of house spaces and touchpoints are subject to rigorous cleaning at regular intervals. We strive to maintain the highest standards of service and cleanliness.
- Although it is no longer mandatory to wear face coverings, we encourage our staff and volunteers to wear them in general areas for their own protection as well as for the safety of others.
- Protective Screens are fitted in box office.
- Contactless payments are preferred within the box office and gallery bar.
- We ask customers to bring minimal belongings with them to limit physical contact with personal goods.
How will Social Distance be maintained?
- When arriving at the theatre, we ask that all customers adhere to social distancing measures where possible. Please keep to the left in all communal areas to help maintain safe distancing. Our staff will be on hand during your visit to provide guidance around the theatre.
- There is no social distance seating in place within the auditorium for any of our events. However, where possible, we will provide social distance seating for shows that are not completely sold out. Please continue to respect the personal space of others during your visit.
- We currently operate a central aisle in the main part of our auditorium. We actively encourage our customers to pre-order interval drinks.
- Please arrive 20 - 30 minutes prior to advertised start times to allow plenty of time to be seated. We aim to minimise queuing and physical contact as much as possible.
Will I be required to wear a face covering?
Although no longer mandatory, we would encourage customers to wear face coverings in general areas for their own protection as well as for the safety of others.
Is the building well ventilated?
Since our closure in March 2020, we have carried out some essential maintenance alongside extensive building works including a major investment into a combined Air Handling and Heating system which places the theatre's commitment to customer safety at the front and centre. The new equipment delivers a very impressive eight litres of fresh air, per person, per minute into the auditorium. We are the first theatre in Wales (possibly the UK) to achieve the new standard set by the Welsh Government for Air Circulation in Public Buildings.
Will I be required to show my Covid Pass or show evidence of a negative Covid test result?
There is no longer a legal requirement for Covid passes or a negative Covid test result to enter the venue. We do recommend, if possible, taking a lateral flow test within 24 hours before attending for the care of others around you.
How do I receive or collect my tickets prior to a performance?
Where possible we encourage customers to use the option of our ‘Print At Home’ tickets to minimise contact with our staff. You can either print your ticket and bring it with you or alternatively, display the e-ticket on your mobile device when entering the auditorium.
Printed tickets are also available to collect from box office, ideally before the day of the performance to minimise queuing. We can also post your tickets to you at your request.
What happens if I feel unwell, test positive before arriving or have been told to self-isolate?
Please notify Box Office if you are unable to attend the event. If possible, we will do our best to re-sell your tickets for you (although this cannot be guaranteed). It is regretted that cash refunds cannot be made on tickets already purchased. We will arrange a credit voucher for the face value of your tickets to use against a future event.
If Hafren reschedules or cancels an event then you will have the option to transfer your ticket to the rescheduled date, request a refund or credit note.
With Covid measures continually changing, we ask everyone to be respectful to other patrons visiting the theatre. For further assistance on our safety measures please contact Box Office on 01686 948100 or email
These measures will be reviewed and updated in line with Government guidelines.